I’ve read recently that your libido tells you everything.
It tells you how connected you are to yourself, to your partner, and how excited you are about life in general. What qualities do you display in life? A vivacious and lively persona or boring and dull… generous and considerate or miserable and disrespectful?
Jung and Freud expanded on the term “libido” to mean not just your sexual drive, but how you show up and give your gifts to the world. Jung referred to it as how we individuate in the world.
Originally the Latin word libīdō desire, willfulness, and lust, akin to libēre to be pleasing. I love how Libido is described as all of the instinctual energies and desires that are derived from your sexual instinct or sexual drive. So when our Libido slows down or becomes not existent, it doesn’t just happen out of the blue, govern by health issues, or lack love for your partner, I believe it goes much deeper than that.
As you know, the most powerful sex organ human beings possess is the brain, if you are capable of stimulating a woman’s brain you will hit a home ran!
Stimulate each other emotionally, spiritually, intellectantly and sexually you both will be nourished and your ‘cup’ will be full.
As mentioned there are contributing factors why our Libido or mojo get a glitch in the system. Please talk to your local health professional if you feel you have any of the following health concerns.
- The Pill; researchers have found that hormonal contraceptives, can dampen how often women want, think about, and even respond to sexual stimulation or a disappearing sex drive. An online Women's Health poll backs that up, found that 36-precent of you firmly believe the Pill messes with your mojo.
- Sex Drive; In one global study of sexual problems published recently in the Journal of Impotence Research, up to 43% of women expressed a loss of sexual desire, beginning as young as age 40. Similarly, up to 36% of women who were having sex reported they weren't enjoying it. Everyone is different and that is ok. Our bodies are going through change, allow that to happen.
- Lifestyle; A persons stress levels, aging, body change, body image fatigue, lack of energy including hormone change. Your emotional health and wellbeing and relationship issues also play a huge role in the disappearance of your mojo.
- Menstrual cycles; Irregular or absent cycles. Irregular, infrequent or absent periods are the biggest clue that a woman’s hormones are are out of wack. Periods that disappear for more than 6 months are particularly concerning, and may signal an imbalance of estrogen.
- Menopause; After menopause, women’s ovaries stop making hormones, so there overall levels of estrogen and testosterone are minimal to none. Estrogen encourages blood flow to the vagina and enables adequate lubrication. Many women transition to menopause with no sexual issues, but others struggle with vaginal dryness and low desire, the drop in estrogen often results in a thinning of the vaginal tissue, dryness and painful intercourse.
My intention is to get you on track and your Libido in flow, try these simple steps:
- Foreplay; Do you remember what it was like to be childlike, carefree. Give yourself permission to be free, without boundaries
- Sexual exploration; Yes create a space that is open and willing to spice with up your ‘missionary style’ or non-existent sex life. There are many erogenous zones on the body besides the breasts and vagina. Touch and stimulation of the inner thighs, the nape of the neck, the ears, and the area behind the knees can be very pleasurable.
- Sexual Predictability and Boredom; try new things. Essential oils, scented candles, lingerie, sex toys, massage with coconut oil, great instructional sexual position books, there’s the classic “The Joy of Sex”.
- Do not let the sun set while you are still angry; While this maybe difficult to swallow when you allow anger to follow through from one day to the next, eventually you forget why you’re angry, you remember that you no longer love your partner and believe it is because they have changed. They are still the same person you both allowed Life’s bullshit to seep into your relationship and that right there is the number one mojo killer!!
Re-claim your life and notice what lights you up from the inside out. Don’t play out Sleeping Beauty in your sex life, why would you want to be programed to Sleep mode, awaiting for your Prince to deliver that magical kiss… Take charge of your life; breathe in Life and what it has to offer
Love and Abundance